(Gateway Pundit) – Then-US Attorney Jessie Liu (pictured below) in September formally recommended pursuing criminal charges against former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe.
The charges against McCabe were related to his false statements to feds in the FBI’s investigation into Hillary Clinton.
McCabe was criminally referred to the US Attorneys office for prosecution in the Spring of 2018 after the DOJ Inspector General found McCabe lied to federal investigators.
McCabe’s staunch supporters were convinced his arrest was imminent given the DOJ rejected McCabe’s last minute appeal.
Fox News previously reported:
U.S. Attorney Jessie Liu has recommended moving forward with charges against Andrew McCabe, Fox News has learned, as the Justice Department rejects a last-ditch appeal from the former top FBI official.
McCabe — the former deputy and acting director of the FBI — appealed the decision of the U.S. attorney for Washington all the way up to Jeffrey Rosen, the deputy attorney general, but he rejected that request, according to a person familiar with the situation.
A source close to McCabe’s legal team said they received an email from the Department of Justice which said, “The Department rejected your appeal of the United States Attorney’s Office’s decision in this matter. Any further inquiries should be directed to the United States Attorney’s Office.”
So what happened at the DOJ between September and today that caused a huge reversal on McCabe’s imminent indictment?
Jessie Liu, who recommended criminal charges against McCabe, resigned this week after Trump withdrew her nomination for a job at the Treasury Department.
Liu was involved in several of Mueller’s cases including the prosecution of General Flynn and Roger Stone.
Just two days after Jessie Liu resigned, the Department of Justice announced it dropped its criminal investigation into Andrew McCabe.
His lawyers made the announcement on Friday morning.
McCabe’s attorneys also said the case was closed.
McCabe’s attorneys told reporters this morning, “We are pleased that Andrew McCabe and his family can go on with their lives without this cloud hanging over them.”
Meanwhile, the same Justice Department recommended an outrageous and abusive sentencing for Roger Stone.
Americans are fed up with the two-tiered justice system!