(TeaParty.org) – This week, Roseanne Barr broke the internet when she tweeted that former Obama advisor Valerie Jarrett looked like “Muslim Brotherhood and Planet of the Apes had a baby.”
If you know anything about Jarrett and what she looks like, this is definitely snigger-inducing. Of course, the outcry wasn’t entirely unjustified as there is a deeply racist history behind comparing black people to apes, and many conservatives denounced Barr’s comments, understandably.
However, whether or not you think this joke was appropriate or not, the glaring double-standard of the left will make any sensible person’s head explode.
So when she lost her smash-hit show over it, in a matter of hours, we had a right to be outraged ourselves. The term “overkill” doesn’t even begin to describe ABC’s reaction.
Of course, many on the left think it was perfectly reasonable. And we’re talking as far-left as the Muslim Brotherhood-linked CAIR, who praised the ruling because apparently simply mentioning “Muslim Brotherhood” is “Islamophobic”.
“We welcome the swift and appropriate action taken by ABC and hope it sends a message that the promotion of hatred and bigotry will not be accepted by our nation’s entertainment industry,” said CAIR’s National Executive Director Nihad Awad. “Ms. Barr has a First Amendment right to express her views, however Islamophobic or racist, but she does not have a constitutional right to a program on a national television network.”
It is a lamentably undiscussed fact this week that Valerie Jarrett is well-known for having close ties to the Muslim Brotherhood itself, in fact.
“Maybe Roseanne was referring to the close ties between the Obama administration and the Muslim Brotherhood,” speculates Jihad Watch founder and author Robert Spencer. “The former U.S. prosecutor Andrew C. McCarthy in 2013 listed a great many strange collaborations between the State Department of Barack Obama and Valerie Jarrett and Muslim Brotherhood organizations.”
He lists these findings on his website, quoted here:
- The State Department announced that the Obama administration would be “satisfied” with the election of a Muslim Brotherhood–dominated government in Egypt.
- Secretary Clinton personally intervened to reverse a Bush-administration ruling that barred Tariq Ramadan, grandson of the Brotherhood’s founder and son of one of its most influential early leaders, from entering the United States.
- The State Department collaborated with the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, a bloc of governments heavily influenced by the Brotherhood, in seeking to restrict American free-speech rights in deference to Sharia proscriptions against negative criticism of Islam.
- The State Department excluded Israel, the world’s leading target of terrorism, from its “Global Counterterrorism Forum,” a group that brings the United States together with several Islamist governments, prominently including its cochair, Turkey— which now finances Hamas and avidly supports the flotillas that seek to break Israel’s blockade of Hamas. At the forum’s kickoff, Secretary Clinton decried various terrorist attacks and groups, but she did not mention Hamas or attacks against Israel—in transparent deference to the Islamist governments, which echo the Brotherhood’s position that Hamas is not a terrorist organization and that attacks against Israel are not terrorism.
- The State Department and the Obama administration waived congressional restrictions in order to transfer 1.5 billion dollars in aid to Egypt after the Muslim Brotherhood’s victory in the parliamentary elections.
- The State Department and the Obama administration waived congressional restrictions in order to transfer millions of dollars in aid to the Palestinian territories, notwithstanding that Gaza is ruled by the terrorist organization Hamas, the Muslim Brotherhood’s Palestinian branch.
- The State Department and the administration hosted a contingent from Egypt’s newly elected parliament that included not only Muslim Brotherhood members but a member of the Islamic Group (Gamaa al-Islamiyya), which is formally designated as a foreign terrorist organization. The State Department refused to provide Americans with information about the process by which it issued a visa to a member of a designated terrorist organization, about how the members of the Egyptian delegation were selected, or about what security procedures were followed before the delegation was allowed to enter our country.
Well, what do you know? The left is, once again, distracting from the clear-cut issues of national security and even treason that myre the Obama administration’s legacy.
We have people even on the right defending Jarrett this week, all because someone said something mean about her. Pathetic! It’s time to stop caring whenever liberals are offended–they love to be offended and they’ll take all the fuel they can get to reinforce the narrative that any given group is oppressed.
They might have Roseanne’s head on their wall now, but if we smarten up and stop taking their bait, it will be the last one they claim.