(Big League Politics) – In the latest episode of leftists attempting to ban everything they do not like, USA Today op-ed called for the abolishment of the United States presidency in a piece published Friday.
“This is a man who openly conspired to cheat with the help of a hostile foreign nation in a federal election,” said Tina Dupuy, offering no evidence for the ridiculous claim because, of course, there is none.
“On election night, he came in second place, yet due to a scab of slavery in the Constitution (the electoral college), this usurper has the full power of the most powerful military in history, command of the treasury, the absolute power to pardon and he can unilaterally annihilate millions of people with his command to deploy nuclear weapons,” she continued.
The idea that President Donald J. Trump “came in second” in 2016 because Hillary R. Clinton garnered more total voters is juvenile. The popular vote is not a metric by which winning a presidential election is measured. Thus, Trump did not lose anything, and conversely, Clinton did not win anything.
Likewise, the Electoral College was not established as a consequence of slavery, but rather because the Founding Fathers realized that large concentrations of certain types of voters in one area could sway a national election, effectively silencing those in less populated areas. That demographic dynamic anticipated by Constitutional framers has indeed played out over the past 242 years.
For example, the mostly-leftist population in New York City alone is equal to the population of six states put together. Without the Electoral College, the residents of those six states would have virtually no say in national elections. But that does not matter to Dupuy, who lives in New York City, and likely harbors disdain for the average American who resides in a state not bordered by an ocean.
All of these basic Constitutional facts are sorted out in middle school civics classes, which Dupuy must have skipped or fallen asleep during.
But Dupuy’s dumb ideas are actually a much deeper manifestation of the political left’s intentions. The lawless bunch wants to erase American history in an attempt to erode the rule of law. It is the same reason that leftists want Confederate statues torn down, and want to rename the city of Austin, Texas.
By erasing all symbolism of the great men who wove the very fabric of this nation, leftists can begin to unravel that fabric and replace it with lawlessness and chaos.
The violent anarchists marching in the streets are not a random phenomenon. They are a consequence of the postmodernist demagogues – particularly on university campuses – who preach the hatred of America to impressionable young people, and would be happy to rip up the Constitution and start anew.
“My fear isn’t Trump; it’s that the next autocrat is most likely smarter and savvier than Trump,” wrote Dupuy. “Every partisan from every niche of American politics should be alarmed. We have a branch of government that stinks so bad it’s wafted over the entire nation and its outer territories. The entire world sees it. We’re in trouble. The presidency is broken. Our little democratic experiment is in peril.”
Unsurprisingly, Dupuy did not share a similar concern about the office of the presidency during Barack H. Obama’s two terms. And by the way, our “little democratic experiment” produced what is historically the finest, most-productive nation, governed by the most forward set of laws, ever to grace the earth.
Dupuy argues for a bicameral legislature and pure democracy, similar to that of Britain. That “perfect” system recently produced a mob-rule vote on Brexit, where a 51 percent majority voted to leave the European Union in 2016, eventually on behalf of the other 49 percent. The bicameral Parliament has been dragging its feet ever since, squabbling over whether to proceed or ignore will of the majority.
The result has been chaos among the British citizenry. And that is exactly what Dupuy, and radical leftists like her, want for America.