(Gateway Pundit) – Tonight Michigan was finally called for Donald Trump moving his Electoral College (EC) count up to 306 total to Hillary Clinton’s 232. (Although Google will still not report it like other media institutions.) The current results show the following:
This is the first time that a Republican won Michigan in the Presidential election since 1988. Trump did this by flipping 12 counties to the Republican side.
Neither Trump nor Clinton received a majority of votes overall but both surpassed 60 million.
HURRY: Send your PINK SLIP today to the GOP Establishment. Tell them you are DONE with them ignoring the will of the voters, done with them supporting liberals and bashing Trump. Tell them to get on the Trump train or be prepared to be derailed on the next election. Send your PINK SLIP now!
Trump crushed Clinton in state totals with 31 wins to her 19 as well as in EC votes achieving 57% to her 43%.
Here are some more historical numbers and facts about this race:
- The Republican Field was the largest field for a Major Party in a Presidential Race Ever with 17 bona fide candidates when the race began.
- Hillary Clinton was the first Female to win a major party nomination for President
- Kellyanne Conway is the first Female campaign manager to RUN AND WIN a Presidential Campaign!
- When sworn in, Donald Trump will become the oldest President in US History to become President (Reagan was 69). Hillary is 69 years old and would have become the 2nd oldest President had she won.
- Trump and Clinton were both from New York and for the first time since 1944, the two candidates in the race were New Yorkers. FDR ran against Governor Dewey in 1944.
- Trump is the first person elected president in more than 60 years without experience as a governor or in Congress. (General Dwight Eisenhower was the last in 1952.)
- Only two Democrats have directly succeeded another Democrat as US president. The most recent was James Buchanan, who was president from 1857 to 1861. Unfortunately for Democrats this will not change.
- The Republicans had the most votes for President in the Primary Season ever with 31 million votes – the old record was 21 million.
- President elect Trump received more primary votes than any Republican in US history with over 14 million. The old record was 12 million.
- This was the first Republican primary season since 1968 where more than 3 candidates won a state (Trump, Cruz, Rubio and Kasich).
- The results of the general election are the first time that Republicans have control of the Presidency, Senate and House since 2005.
- In addition to Michigan the Republicans hadn’t won Wisconsin since 1984.
It was also historic to see a family put the candidate over the top in the delegate count for President at his party’s convention.
As a result of the Trump win the Senate, the House and the Presidency are all Republican and the state legislatures and governorships are also Republican. The Supreme Court will be conservative for the next generation as well.
Thank You President-Elect Donald Trump!