(TeaParty.org Exclusive) – Joe Biden’s National Security Council is reportedly planning on keeping the National Guard troops in the capital until the end of the year, WTTG-TV Fox 5 in Washington, D.C. has reported.
Active duty and reserve troops are both being considered for the deployment.
According to an internal email obtained by the station, numerous federal agencies are set to meet on Wednesday to “discuss options” with the National Guard, adding merely that they’re “conducting planning for the eventual end of the security mission.”
It was already controversial that the National Guard was set to stay into March, almost two months after Impeachment Day.
Fox News’ Tucker Carlson warned last month that the troops in D.C. were being used by Democrats to ensure their agenda was seen through.
“The military has been deployed to Washington, D.C. to fight disinformation. So say something a Democratic Governor doesn’t like and he will send troops. Does that sound like the country that you grew up in? It probably doesn’t,” Carlson said.
“This is not the way things are done in America. It’s not the way they have been done since the Civil War. No one alive has ever seen anything like this. So why is everyone — everyone pretending it’s totally normal to have thousands of troops in the Capitol to fight disinformation? Because obviously, they’re in favor of it. They think it is fine to mobilize the Army in order to put down domestic opinions.”
Robert Salesses, who started his tenure as Assistant Secretary of Defense for Homeland Defense and Global Security on January 20, 2021, wrote in the email:
“If it’s not possible to sustain at the current level with NG personnel, we need to establish the number of NG personnel (DCNG and out-of-state) we can sustain for an extended period – at least through Fall 2021 – and understand additional options for providing DoD support, to include use of reserve personnel, as well as active component.”
Stars and stripes reported that the an indefinite deployment of 5,000 Guard troops is planned for after March 12.
“Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin has approved a plan to retain 7,000 National Guard soldiers and airmen in Washington through March 12 and then 5,000 indefinitely beyond that date, Army and National Guard officials have said. There are now about 6,200 National Guard soldiers and airmen supporting the security mission in Washington, a Guard spokesman said Monday. But the number includes some troops who are scheduled to leave soon.”
Featured image credit: The National Guard – flickr.com/photos/thenationalguard/50857087478/
Copyright 2021. TeaParty.org