(Gateway Pundit) – There are numerous reasons the Deep State has provided to support the phony Trump-Russia collusion investigation and Mueller witch hunt. Here is a list of 19 reasons for the investigation to date – none of which are sufficient enough to implement the investigation in the first place.
Here’s our list of the various reasons given for the Trump-Russia collusion investigation and the Mueller witch hunt:
1. The Mud Theory, throw enough mud at the wall to see what sticks. I don’t care what he did, but he’s guilty of something – so just arrest him:
- Joshua Levy states that Steele’s intention behind giving the dossier to “law enforcement” was for a criminal referral.
2. Trump made too many trips to Russia:
- The reason Simpson gives for investigating Trump-Russian connections is this: “the basis for the request was, he [Trump] had made a number of trips to Russia and talked about doing a number of business deals but never did one, and that struck me as a little bit odd” (Specifically states it was not due to hacking events).
3. Carter Page dared to take a trip to Moscow:
- The dossier, compiled by former British spy Christopher Steele, portrayed Page’s Moscow trip as seminal to a Trump-Russia conspiracy to hack Democratic email accounts and steal the election from Hillary Clinton.
4. George Papadopoulos had a drunken encounter and bragged about something:
- “It (genesis of Operation Russian Collusion) was not, as Mr. Trump and other politicians have alleged, a dossier compiled by a former British spy hired by a rival campaign. Instead, it was firsthand information from one of America’s closest intelligence allies (Downer’s barroom conversation with George Papadopoulos)”. [Papadopoulos has stated that he wasn’t drunk and he doesn’t recall discussing Hillary’s emails with Downer.]
5. The DNC got hacked, so therefore, Trump is Putin’s lackey:
- “The hacking and the revelation that a member of the Trump campaign may have had inside information about it were driving factors that led the F.B.I. to open an investigation in July 2016 into Russia’s attempts to disrupt the election and whether any of President Trump’s associates conspired”.
6. Some people surrounding Trump dared to speak to Russians in the past:
- According to the Times‘ story, the investigation seems to have been sparked by suspicions over some campaign members’ pre-existing connections with Russia before they joined the campaign.
7. The dossier did NOT begin Operation Russian Collusion, but the DNC was most certainly NOT behind the dossier:
- New York Times reporter Ken Vogel at the time said that Clinton lawyer Marc Elias had “vigorously” denied involvement in the anti-Trump dossier.
- “It [dossier] wasn’t part of the corpus of intelligence information that we had. It was not in any way used as a basis for the Intelligence Community Assessment that was done. Uh … it was not” [John Brennan denies before HPSCI that the dossier factored into the JAR. Also claims to not know who authored the Steele dossier].
8. Okay. Okay. You got us. We confess. The Russians only wanted to stir up hate and discontent like they’ve always done:
- Law enforcement officials say that none of the investigations so far have found any conclusive or direct link between Mr. Trump and the Russian government. And even the hacking into Democratic emails, F.B.I. and intelligence officials now believe, was aimed at disrupting the presidential election rather than electing Mr. Trump.
9. Trump said NATO must pay, so therefore, Trump is a Russian spy:
- New York Times: FBI opened counterintelligence probe on Trump to investigate potential of him working with Russia
10. Trump fired Comey, so therefore, Trump is Putin’s lackey:
- Against the backdrop of a New York Times article attempting to justify the FBI opening a counterintelligence operation against Donald Trump the current narrative is to claim the investigation was considered as an outcome of the firing of James Comey in 2017.
11. Trump shared classified information with Putin just like all other presidents have, so therefore, Trump is Putin’s lackey.
12. The Trump Tower meeting proves Team Trump was trying to get dirt on Hillary, but nobody is allowed to speak ill of Hillary, so therefore, Trump is Putin’s lackey.
13. Paul Manafort shared polling data with a Russian, so therefore, Trump is Putin’s lackey.
14. Roger Stone bragged about being close to Julian Assange, so therefore, Trump is Putin’s lackey.
15. Trump changed his policy on Ukraine, and Ukraine did not appreciate the change, so therefore, Trump is Putin’s lackey.
16. There is no investigation of Trump. We are only investigating Russians, honest! We’re the CIA, so you can trust us!
- John Brennan claims the counterintelligence investigation was about Russians, with sub-inquiries targeting four individuals: Paul Manafort, the campaign chairman; Michael Flynn, the former Defense Intelligence Agency chief who had led the crowd at the Republican convention in chants of “Lock her up!”; Carter Page, a foreign policy adviser who had just given a speech in Moscow; and Papadopoulos.
17. Okay. Okay. You got us. The investigation was based on the dossier, but only on some of it, not all of it:
- James Clapper conceded in a CNN interview that the assessment was based on “some of the substantive content of the dossier.” Without elaborating, he maintained that “we were able to corroborate” certain allegations.
18. All right. You got us. There is an investigation, but we aren’t going to tell you what started it:
- “Richard Blumenthal: The FBI’s investigation of Russian interference in our election – and Trump campaign collaboration with it – was triggered by information completely independent from the dossier or Christopher Steele or Fusion GPS”
19. Dossier? What dossier? There’s no steenken dossier!
- Nunes, who while chairman of the House Intelligence Committee led its Russia investigation, noted that DOJ and FBI officials told the panel that they didn’t know about the dossier until right before a surveillance warrant was obtained for one-time Trump campaign official Carter Page, but recent revelations show officials knew long before.
By tomorrow we will probably be able to add some more fairy tales to the list.
The fact is – there is no reason to connect President Trump and Russia, there is no support for a legitimate investigation into President Trump on Russia or any other activity, and there never was!
Hat tip D. Manny