STATE OF THE UNION: 11,629 MORE GO ON FOOD STAMPS EACH DAY…

February 12, 2013 3:55 pm  

(CNS News) – Since taking office in 2009, food stamp rolls under President Barack Obama have risen to more than 47 million people in America, exceeding the population of Spain.

“Now is the time to act boldly and wisely – to not only revive this economy, but to build a new foundation for lasting prosperity,” said Obama during his first joint session address to Congress on Feb. 24, 2009.

Since then, the number of participants enrolled in food stamps, known as the Supplemental Assistance Nutrition Program (SNAP), has risen substantially.

When Obama entered office in January 2009 there were 31,939,110 Americans receiving food stamps.  As of November 2012—the most recent data available—there were 47,692,896 Americans enrolled, an increase of 49.3 percent.
According to the 2011 census, Spain had a population of 46,815,916.

Furthermore, between January 2009 and November 2012 the food stamp program added approximately an average 11,269 recipients per day.

President Obama will deliver his fourth State of the Union address Tuesday evening.  Obama is expected to focus on jobs and the economy.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/food-stamp-rolls-america-now-surpass-population-spain

Rand Paul gives tea-party response to Obama
Fort Hood Hero Says Obama 'Betrayed' Her, Other Victims

Top Stories

Homeless Encampments Growing and Multiplying in L.A. Neighborhood... (LA Times) - Evicted four months ago from their Highland Park apartment, Louis Morales and his 18-year-old stepson, Arthur Valenzuela, live half-hidde...
Chase CEO: This is Biggest Sin in America 'We're not going to be here in 20 years making same statements' (CNBC) - The biggest sin in America is the high number of inner city and minority s...
Rand Paul: Freebies in Obama Speech Will Skyrocket the Debt (Newsmax) - Sen. Rand Paul said he heard President Barack Obama talk a lot about "free stuff" in his State of the Union speech Tuesday night, but didn...
Report: Richest 1% to Own More than Rest by 2016 Share of global wealth keeps increasing (Japan Times) - Wealth accumulated by the richest 1 percent will exceed that of the other 99 percent in 201...
Insider Reveals Collapse Timeline (Infowars) - Alex Jones talks with Reagan insider and economic expert Paul Craig Roberts about the coming collapse and when he thinks it will happen. ...
Obama Said to Seek 7% Budget Boost, Setting Up Fight With Congres... The new money would mean as much as $34 billion each for the national security and domestic sides of what will be a budget of almost $4 trillion. (...

Comments


Please help us stay spam-free. Mouse over a spam post and click the X to report spam.